29 October 2009

Deja Vu... Vu.

And so here we are.

Same fault, different ISP.

I mention this latest development on Twitter and @BigpondTeam ask me to forward the details for them to investigate (props again to these guys - I hope Telstra realises the good these guys are doing with the Twitter user base).

Anyhoo, I send off the details and receive another prompt response from the @BigpondTeam:

You will need to lodge a complaint with Technical Support on 133 933 (24 x 7). They may send a technician to you or to the exchange. Either way, they will run detailed speed tests on the phone number associated with the BigPond account (I recommend calling at a time that you are noticing significant speed issues.) If calling is not suitable to your needs, they can be emailed directly below:

https://bigpond.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigpond.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_type=technical

I have reviewed my previous email to you and it specifically states:

'It is unlikely that BigPond would supply you with an ADSL service on xx xxxx xxxx, due to the inability to provide you an acceptable service because of the issues at the RIM. What this means is that although ADSL works at your address, because of the issues with the RIM, BigPond would not put ADSL on at the address due to the poor service that you would receive. An order could be placed, but it would be highly likely that the mandatory further tests, that are done on all BigPond ADSL orders, would have stopped the order from progressing in to an ADSL service with BigPond.'

There were no guarantees made and my intention was based on the existing phone line. Each line has a different entry in to the exchange. However, I am surprised that an order has completed on any phone line from your property, but welcome you as a BigPond member.


Telstra are quite correct in that they were specifically referring to the number used for the Internode service. The Bigpond service is connected to a different number.

It's the last sentence in their response that I find interesting.

So we start the process again and my partner attempts to log a fault with Technical Support. And I do mean "attempts".

No comments:

Post a Comment