27 October 2009

Silly me.

On 3 October I submitted my whingefest to the Twitter feedback page.

I received a prompt response:

I have run extensive tests on the phone number that you are running ADSL on with another provider. There is no information to suggest that there will be any upgrades made to the capacity of the RIM. All enquiries for non BigPond Members, must be sent by your existing ISP on your behalf.

It is unlikely that BigPond would supply you with an ADSL service on XX XXXX XXXX, due to the inability to provide you an acceptable service because of the issues at the RIM. What this means is that although ADSL works at your address, because of the issues with the RIM, BigPond would not put ADSL on at the address due to the poor service that you would receive. An order could be placed, but it would be highly likely that the mandatory further tests, that are done on all BigPond ADSL orders, would have stopped the order from progressing in to an ADSL service with BigPond.

I would make the strongest recommendation possible that you think about moving to Wireless. I see that you have mentioned that wireless is not acceptable due to latency. However, we do offer antenna's that can be purchased to boost the signal and which should offer you a strong broadband service at faster speeds than you have mentioned that you are receiving via ADSL.


So, there's an admission that there's a problem. Sweet. Not going to ever get Bigpond ADSL provisioned on that link because of it. Check.

Wireless? Not an option.

I replied asking for a further escalation point. I also copied Internode on this correspondence, so they could see that we weren't waiting around for them to go into bat for us with Telstra - we were trying to achieve resolution ourselves as they seemed happy to take our money for what we have now had confirmed, is a deficient service.

I would have thought that Internode would have gone to their wholesale partner and asked for a reduced rate given the service both they (and us) are paying for, but not receiving.

Silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment